TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Just_Chill

Would it possible to make OR using an existing lava shader? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would it possible to make OR using an existing lava shader?

Thu 11 Feb 2021, 01:15
Coming back to this quickly...

Alenet wrote:You must activate the removeunderwater option to make underwater working correctly and lava working correctly.
I've now deactivated that setting again.

As if I have "RemoveUnderwater" enabled differently colored water stopped working.

I've made green goo of magically infested water so it looks like acid. But recently I wondered why that change was not visible anymore.
As "RemoveUnderWater=1" was my recent change, I turned it back off and the water color appears again like defined in the "Water.ini".
Just_Chill

Would it possible to make OR using an existing lava shader? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would it possible to make OR using an existing lava shader?

Sat 13 Feb 2021, 11:06
Ok, now I left any setting on the recommended settings by Alenet and I get the proper water color again.
HOWEVER, this required to change an entry in the OR Nehrim Patch (it is required as Nehrim has water foam which sometimes is placed INSIDE the water and it rips a hole into the liquid water shader. So these foams are now placed slightly above the water surface to not destroy the visual look of liquid water).

So... The water which damages the player didn't want to have the color I set up in the "Water.ini".

BUT, one water still worked. The "SRKraterwasser".

So I compared these in Tes4Edit:
Attachments
Would it possible to make OR using an existing lava shader? - Page 2 Attachment
Water Reflective Setting required.jpg The only difference was, that "SRKraterwasser" has the "Reflective" flag set. When I also set this for the other dangerous water types, their re-coloring works again. :DYou don't have permission to download attachments.(469 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Just_Chill

Sat 13 Feb 2021, 11:11
That said, the lava appearance still hasn't changed unfortunately.
Nico coiN

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 20:13
Maybe I'm coming here a bit late, and I don't know if what I have to say will be helpful...

The Nehrim lava featured in the first video from this topic doesn't seem to have any specific shader for my eyes. In the vanilla game lava is visually and technically just water with a different texture and tweaked values for damage/waves/ripples/caustics and various other settings...

I've been retired from Oblivion modding since long, but instead of fiddling with OR settings you may just try to find a basic lava replacer for your taste. Most of them (if not all) are just texture replacers but mine was a bit different, and probably the only one of its kind. Just look for "Visually Relistic Lava" at Oblivion nexus (yes the "a" from realistic is missing / typo error. I saw it quite late and I never fixed it as it may alter its referencing).

Just_Chill

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 16:05
Hey Nico,

we figured that already.

The issue here is that, OR seems not to be able to integrate the lava texture properly.
So it's just a texture hovering through, which makes the vanilla lava looking far better than the lava with OR.

My test clearly shows the issue.
I use 2 different blend settings without using Oblivion Reloaded and
I use 2 different blend settings WITH using Oblivion Reloaded.

Currently it's just possible to have that static texture hovering through, or to make the texture invisible by decreasing the blend settings and then recolor the water with using the Water.ini.
It's just that it never looks that good as the vanilla lava unfortunately.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum