TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor - Page 2 Empty Re: Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 13:31
You can ask what you want, but never claim something. I will do something as i want and i can.

Unluckly, I cannot test OR with all mods around, but simply because the mod developer should do that, not I.
The reason is easy, OR changes the code behind, the mod "arrives later", because the scripts are executed AFTER the internal code: internal code > scripts/esp/esm modifications > rendering.

In the case of the equipment manager, OR changes totally the way to manage the equipment to support dual wielding, shield on back etc.....so if a mod works on the equipment it must follow what OR does.
Oblivion is no more the same when OR is installed, so a mod must be "upgraded" to be OR-compliant.
Often there are very little modification to do in the scripting (a simple if statement in some cases), because if OR is installed you dont expect the result you receive (for example) for the equipitem function called within a script.

I provided options in OR to enable/disable the features you prefer. I cannot do more.

Anyway, about equipment mode, it seems there is something to review because i thought to have solved the problem about nude bug and/or equipment, while some users report again the problem. I have to test again; when i am sure it works correctly, i cannot do anything else (not because i dont want, but because i really cannot because OR cannot be "adapted" to have the compatibility with all mods, but it must be viceversa). You cannot ask to the game code to be compatible with your scripts but you must write scripts correctly to work with the game/OR.
malonn
malonn

Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor - Page 2 Empty Re: Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 19:06
Understood, @Alenet. You are the only one that knows exactly what went into the code. Admittedly, my "angle" is more ignorant than anything. I don't know OR code and I don't know MOO code. If you say scripts can be adapted, cool, then they can be. If I want to try and fix it, I should open up MOO and look at OR source. I was just throwing a thought or two out there, you know no harm intended.

That's cool, @AllisterHenderson.  I played a fair amount with MOO back when I was actively playing.  I do plan on playing Oblivion again, and like you, I will be playing with OR.  MOO has some nifty coding too, as far as what cam be accomplished with OBSE Oblivion script.  OR, of course, opens up the full potential of OBSE with it's "hacking" of the executable.
For what it's worth, I'd be interested in your results with what it takes to make MOO and OR work together.
tarasque

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 07:29
Hi all
I looked at which mods have an issue for me
The ones I have found are
Better Cities some of the NPCs not equipping clothes
TIE also have some NPCs not equipping clothes
MOO small amount of NPCs not equipping clothes
ICExpand have a lot of NPCs not equipping clothes
Wiepman
Wiepman

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 11:04
tarasque wrote:Hi all
I looked at which mods have an issue for me
The ones I have found  are
Better Cities   some of the NPCs not equipping clothes
TIE   also have some NPCs  not equipping clothes
MOO  small amount of NPCs not equipping clothes
ICExpand  have a lot of NPCs not equipping clothes

Interesting observations there!

But I suspect also future mods (that have leveled armor and weapons included) will be having these issue's.

So right now I think the key question is what code is needed for those mod developers to implement
to make their mods compatible and work nicely with newest version over OR v.8.2.2's EquipmentMode?

My request to @Alenet would be if he perhaps would be willing to share with us what code lines are needed,
because then we can get that info passed over to developers of those mods and politely ask them
if they would please implement for compatibility?
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 11:34
That is an interesting idea, or maybe have some kind of "OR Filter patch" that you merge into the Bashed Patch that will override everything back to Equipment mode standards.
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 14:16
EDIT: Except one small problem is the MOO plugin has to load AFTER the Bashed Patch, so will override it again.......

So in the case of MOO, MOO's compatibility INI will definitely need to be tweaked to disable anything that would conflict with OR's Equipment Mode.
Wiepman
Wiepman

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 16:52
AllisterHenderson wrote:EDIT: Except one small problem is the MOO plugin has to load AFTER the Bashed Patch, so will override it again.......

So in the case of MOO, MOO's compatibility INI will definitely need to be tweaked to disable anything that would conflict with OR's Equipment Mode.

Yes, that was the whole idea. Since MOO has to be loaded beneath Bashed Patch.
Earlier today I was already snooping around in that particular *.ini, but couldn't figure it out myself.

So that was why I ended up with asking @Alenet what was changed since OR 7.1 with EquipmentMode
(since that version did not have this version for me).

I am pretty convinced an advanced modder such as Masker would know what to do,
if I could supply him with the relevant code to make his mod work with OR 8.2.2 EquipmentMode.

PS:

Currently I am trying something else: moved and placed Oblivion Reloaded.esp below MOO.esp to see what that leads me to.
I don't expect to much of that attempt, but wagered at least I could give that a try...?

Keep you all updated!
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 17:23
Yes, you could try moving and placing the Oblivion Reloaded.esp below MOO.esp.
I don't think there is a criteria for Oblivion Reloaded.esp needing to be loaded before the Bashed Patch.....

What about this MOO INI tweak :

By default equipment requires a minimum amount of skill to be used.
; Suggested options: 0, (1), 2 -> off, (on), staves only

set MOO.ini_ability_equipment to 0

Will be interested in what results you get........
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 17:56
OblivionReloaded.esp is not the mod. There is no load order for it.
Wiepman
Wiepman

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 21:07
Alenet wrote:OblivionReloaded.esp is not the mod. There is no load order for it.

Thanks for clarifying Alenet!
Wiepman
Wiepman

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 21:54
AllisterHenderson wrote:Yes, you could try moving and placing the Oblivion Reloaded.esp below MOO.esp.
I don't think there is a criteria for Oblivion Reloaded.esp needing to be loaded before the Bashed Patch.....

What about this MOO INI tweak :

By default equipment requires a minimum amount of skill to be used.
; Suggested options: 0, (1), 2 -> off, (on), staves only

set MOO.ini_ability_equipment to 0

Will be interested in what results you get........

Thanks for thinking together with me to try solving this particular puzzle.

That setting you offered for MOO unfortunately is
for managing whether you want all equipment to be usable from the get go with a new game
or only possible to equip when you are at a certain level.

I already have that set to "0"

...because in all honesty I hate it when I finally find a decently cool weapon in early game
and then get the message that I'm not "allowed to use" it yet
(because I am still at low level).

So about moving OblivionReloaded *.esp below MOO *.esp.

Btw, thanks for confirming Alenet
that moving your *.esp in load-order should not be a problem!

While indeed it doesn't give issues

(I honestly was a bit worried, since BOSS had placed it higher up in load order way before bashed patch)

Alas, it also doesn't magically "fix" the conflict with MOO.

While of course I didn't have my hopes high,
I had reasoned and slightly hoped,
that since *.esp's lower in load order override higher placed *.esp's,
that maybe that would've sorted it out.

Alas unfortunately that was not the case.

So our best chance now would be I'll wager is to pass the relevant code
to mod authors and humbly requesting them to please implement that in their mods
to make their mod compatible with Oblivion Reloaded's improved EquipmentMode.

Therefor again I would like to ask @Alenet
--> what piece of code is needed

to implement in those other mods to work with EquipmentMode?

And I hereby happily volunteer to take it upon me to pass on that code segment
to Maskar with the request to please implement in Masker Oblivion Overhaul.

Hope @Alenet can assist us by providing the relevant code-part.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 13:08
I cannot teach C++ and i suppose it is not clear the "power" of OR and how much it changes the game.
As i read around, very few people are able to understand the work behind OR.

Equipment mode is here:
https://github.com/Alenett/TES-Reloaded-Source-NEW/blob/master/TESReloaded/Core/EquipmentManager.cpp

AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 02:07
Alenet> Reading your open source code on github, is like reading Chinese LOL. I am glad you are taking the time to use your advanced knowledge of C++ to improve these old classic games; Oblivion, Skyrim & Fallout NV.
malonn
malonn

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 20:35
I just hope that there is something that can be done to make esp/esm mods compatible. I'm not suggesting Alenet should study any other mod, I just hope that compatibility is a possibility. Just my thoughts. I've never made even the first attempt to correct any issues.
tarasque

Sat 07 Nov 2020, 08:53
hi guys
Just an update
I reinstalled oblivion and just installed the Unofficial Patch and Oblivion Reloaded and started a new game and found the Guards were naked
So it still seems to have an issue with Vanilla for me sorry to say

Cheers
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum