TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Filbert28

Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor Empty Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor

Thu 15 Oct 2020, 01:59
Hi,

When I turn equipment mode on I cannot equip the rough armor or rusty iron armor sets found in the tutorial. I can however equip regular iron or fur armor for example.
Also certain NPCs are naked, such as captain Renault and the two bandits found outside of Vilverin.
Turning equipment mode off in the ini solves all these issues.

Id love to have shield on back/dual wield but if it cant be solved Ill just try another shield on back mod, no biggie. Rest of the mod seems to work.
Just wondering if anyone knows why this happens.
I am using OCO, RBM and HGEC bodies FYI.

Thanks in advance
tarasque

Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor Empty Re: Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor

Sat 17 Oct 2020, 10:00
Im having a similar issue it seems to be a problem with loot clothing
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor Empty Re: Equipment mode leaves me and NPCs unable to equip certain armor

Sat 17 Oct 2020, 17:09
The bug has been fixed in the new release that will be out soon.
nerevarine

Sun 18 Oct 2020, 11:55
Is there any way to be notified when the update is released? Can somebody comment here when it's up so I get the email notification?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Sun 18 Oct 2020, 15:26
I will be notified on the discord channel. Anyway i could provide to send an email to all forum users.
tarasque

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 10:08
Hi All I'm still having an issue with some NPCs not wearing their clothing or armor
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 12:39
The problem is solved in the last version.
NPCs where the problem happened cannot be "repaired" because the problem is saved in the savegame.
You must use an old savegame or start a new game.
Wiepman
Wiepman

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 13:43
Alenet wrote:The problem is solved in the last version.
NPCs where the problem happened cannot be "repaired" because the problem is saved in the savegame.

Unfortunately not.

This also happens with new games.
Started a new game and already the guards around the emperor appear naked.
Also now also weapons no longer equip (before OR version 8.2.2.only armor was affected).
Wiepman
Wiepman

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 14:13
Wiepman wrote:
Alenet wrote:The problem is solved in the last version.

Unfortunately not.

This also happens with new games.
Started a new game and already the guards around the emperor appear naked.
Also now also weapons no longer equip (before OR version 8.2.2.only armor was affected).

UPDATE:
Another weird symptom (with EquipmentMode on) is not only weapons do no longer equip, but if you open inventory all weapons show as equipped!

Also I was thinking, to narrow down the culprit, in version OR 7.1 this was not an issue.
Could that give an angle to find out what change was made to EquipmentMode which (unintentionally) caused this unfortunate side-effect?
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 04:00
@Wiepman > Thanks for the 'heads-up'.....
I will continue to keep EquipmentMode disabled in 8.2.2 then....
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 17:39
I can test again but i have no problem now. Be careful to have a mod that conflicts with the equipment mode (like for example MOO).
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 05:57
Alenet> Thanks.... as a matter of fact I am using MOO lol.:wink:. .....
Ok I will have a look at the MOO INI and see what I need to disable to work with equipment mode.

By the way.... I would have to say that there are only a few Mods that are absolutely essential for Oblivion. ... MOO is one of them and Oblivion Reloaded is the other!!

So all the other major features are working well in 8.2.2 and can be enabled like : Dodge, Camera Mode, Mounted Combat etc...

By the way would the Mounted Combat stats be effected the same way that regular combat is effected in the event that I decide to install another combat mod that alters damage, fatigue etc.....

Also.... how hard would it be to edit the OR ESP to change the amount of stamina used when using OR dodge....
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 12:19
I are not telling that OR cannot work with MOO. But some features can conflict because MOO is not build for OR. OR upgrades the game to a new version and a mod should be upgraded to support OR. So, you have to disable the feature that conflicts (if any). Equipment mode deeply changes the game mechanism but IN THE CODE, so an esp must "recognize" this modifications to work correctly (a mod should report "OR compliant" if it is made to work with OR).

OR esp does basically nothing. It loads into the game only some sound and texture resources.
OR is a C++ plugin that works directly on the game code, it is not an esp mod. It is not possible to do what OR does with an esp!!

About dodge, OR "only" gives you the possibility to activate the dodge even if you have not get the level for dodging (you can specify it in the OblivionReloaded.ini).
But the real dodge (not like several mods that reproduce only the animation) is anyway linked to the stamina. There is no option to manage the stamina used, the mechanism is the same like in vanilla game.
malonn
malonn

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 16:23
Alenet, I have a concern. I love ya, I respect what OR does for Oblivion, I respect the time and talent it takes to develop OR; you've got a family, a life over there in ol' Italy, etc. Good. But let me ask: is it even possible for other mods to support some of OR's features? Can the MOO author add support for OR's Equipment Mode via traditional modding methods, i.e. without an OBSE plugin? At this point, in as many words, you're kind of saying choose OR or MOO. Both mods are highly configurable, I know. Anyway, I guess I wish you would "massage" the features of OR some--make them more compatible with the modding scene. OR is the one making these changes. I highly respect the effort it takes to bring these changes to fruition, I do. Just a thought Alenet. You're gonna say "I hear ya, malonn, but I don't get paid to develop OR". And I would respond "I understand". Last sentences: the preceding may be more ignorant than anything. I'm waay out of the loop with Oblivion modding; I haven't played in quite a long time other than a few 5 minute play test sessions.
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 03:55
Alenet > Yes I have sucessfully been able to run OR + MOO at the same time but I had to disable equipment mode because equipment mode caused CTD. As you said your OR (& equipment mode) isn't just a basic plugin mod... it is a very complex code, that fundamentally changes game at the core. So I will have to go through all the INI tweaks (a lot of them) for MOO, and work out which one is conflicting with OR (Equipment Mode).
Yes, I agree, because OR is essential for Oblivion, MOO and other mods should be upgraded to work with OR.

Ok... I understand about Dodge... it is the same for jumping or power attacks, it will use same stamina, I will just take Stamina potions Lol

malonn> OR + MOO has been compatible for me except for Equipment mode.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum