TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view. - Page 2 Empty Re: Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view.

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:39
For your hair issue, here's probably a solution: try to lower MinRadius.

[ExteriorsNear]
MinRadius = 5.0

[Interiors]
MinRadius = 5.0

Each default value is 10. I would recommend to lower this by a step of 1 point and see what happens.
With my Argonian (who has no hair, but horns instead) I tested it with a strong light source and indeed the horns did not cast a shadow. In normal gameplay it wasn’t really noticeable. Halfing the MinRadius did the trick, but the value could differ in your setup, so try it with small steps.
maklogan

Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view. - Page 2 Empty Re: Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view.

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 16:20
Apparently nothing will help me) It didn't work for me. In addition, the torch for some reason does not cast a shadow on the surface, everything works well in the sewer, except for the shadow from the hair.
maklogan

Sat 06 Mar 2021, 11:11
Hello everyone. I will add a little to my posts. When using the Custom Enhanced Camera mod together with OR Lite 41 with the shadows from OR Lite turned on, I get a headless body shadow in the first person view and a bald head shadow in the third person view. Also shadows look terrible, as if in low resolution, although it costs 4096. Is there a solution to this problem? The game also freezes when using the EquipmentMode switch in the inventory. Some NPCs are naked and fight with their bare hands instead of weapons. I was also unable to equip weapons other than the two-handed hammer from the sewer. Clothes are also not worn, only sound is reproduced, only initial rags can be worn.
Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view. - Page 2 Oblivion20210305-20-33-53
Problem with shadows and block displaying in first person view. - Page 2 Oblivion20210305-20-33-46
malonn
malonn

Sat 06 Mar 2021, 13:11
@maklogan OR Lite is an unofficial version of OR and thus not supported on these forums. There is no real page for OR Lite but you can try here for support. That forum is not directly related to OR Lite but the author lives there. Other than that, keep in mind that these forums are for the official OR release available on this site.
maklogan

Sat 06 Mar 2021, 14:44
I have the same problems with OR 8.4.0 and Custom Enhanced Camera. It's all about the shadows. Because OR completely disables and replaces the vanilla game's shadow settings, it becomes incompatible with the Enhanced Camera and the game won't load. In the Custom Enhanced Camera, the ability to display a shadow in the first person mode has been added, but what happens can be seen from the screenshots, but it allows you to load the game. I don't know much about modding, but it seems to me that OR uses a shadow from some kind of mannequin, because the shadow of the head is bald in any character or race, even if you look closely at the shadow, the head is slightly separated from the body.
And I apologize if my posts are off-topic. I just really want to use this mod, but I can't solve the problems associated with it.
malonn
malonn

Sat 06 Mar 2021, 21:57
As you know by now, plain OR and EC are incompatible. It's a no go. Alenet says the author of EC has to fix it. I've heard of the shadow issues you face, so it's not something you've done alone, but I don't know a fix for it. I think it's going to be up to Alenet to fix that if he feels like it. At this point I'm afraid you may be out of luck. At least I can't give you a fix. Maybe someone else can.
maklogan

Sat 06 Mar 2021, 22:56
Thanks for the answer. Let's hope for fixes.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum