TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

ebk

OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users Empty OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 04:45
With OR v8.2.2 I had an issue with hair being cyan blue, some texture transparency issues, and some whitewashed textures on interior cells with my AMD RX580. I downloaded the hair fix from here https://www.tesreloaded.com/t11-additional-packages and it made my player bald and the transparency issues persisted. I have seen others experimenting with the ExtraShaders folder located in Oblivion/Data/Shaders/OblivionReloaded/ExtraShaders so I loaded up one specific save and experimented with adding the effects back into this folder one by one until I found all the ones that caused obvious graphical problems for me.

Files I have removed from the ExtraShaders folder:
SLS1004.pso
SLS1004.pso.hlsl
SLS1006.vso
SLS1006.vso.hlsl
SLS2003.pso
SLS2003.pso.hlsl
SLS2003.vso
SLS2003.vso.hlsl
SLS2007.vso
SLS2007.vso.hlsl
SLS2008.pso
SLS2008.pso.hlsl
SLS2009.pso
SLS2009.pso.hlsl

After removing all of these the hair began working and the 99% of the texture transparency issues have been eliminated. For some reason my characters underwear is still invisible? I'm not sure what each one affects, I know one or two of them have some effect on the LOD quality so I will have to search for an alternative method to fix the ugly vanilla LOD. It might be different for others but this is what worked for me. My mod list is not extensive, I am a bit of a purist when it comes to Oblivion and other TES games. The only mods I'm using that specifically affect the characters are OCO v2 in conjunction with Blockhead and now the hair fix I mentioned above. No ENB mods. I'm still experiencing some occasional mild fps drops into the 40's but nothing that's unplayable. I'm chalking that up to Oblivion just being Oblivion. I will do further testing when I have time, if I discover anything new I will try to update my post. Maybe now I can sit down and actually play Oblivion for once. I hope this will help somebody.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users Empty Re: OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 11:22
I am not interested to AMD and i have no AMD cards to test OR.

Anyway, extrashaders are only to support shadows, so wait the next release that supports post process shading so you can remove the extra shader folder.

This will solve problems for AMD cards. Obviously post process shading is not accurate like the forward one (the actual method used for shadows in OR and in general in games).
But you cannot claim too much. I develop OR for NVIDIA, not for AMD.

Bookmanjeb

OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users Empty Re: OR 8.2.2 Temp Fix for Blue Hair & Texture Transparency - AMD users

Wed 17 Feb 2021, 06:09
Anyone have a solution for OP's issue? Having similar problems especially the invisible underwear. Just started clean install on steam version.

Only using Maskars Overhaul and dynamic oblivion combat and the unofficial patches. Using radeon x570 gpu.
GBR
GBR

Fri 19 Feb 2021, 00:53
Bookmanjeb wrote:Anyone have a solution for OP's issue? Having similar problems especially the invisible underwear. Just started clean install on steam version.

Only using Maskars Overhaul and dynamic oblivion combat and the unofficial patches. Using radeon x570 gpu.

Its no solution for now, you can delete or rename ExtraShaders, but it will disable some shadows support.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum