TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

kennyk

Walking Glitch Empty Walking Glitch

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 03:00

If you see the video link above, my character takes a step back when stopping (the only button I pressed on the keyboard was W). Also, while pressing W you can see through objects when close.

I followed the OR instructions very carefully, and have no other problems, so I'm not sure how to fix this ( I have already started from scratch 3x). I only have the following installed:

Latest Oblivion (Steam)
Latest unofficial patch, unofficial DLC patch, unofficial Shivering Isles patch
Latest Oblivion Reloaded
Latest OBSE

Also controls are set to default . This problem goes away when I remove OR. Any help is appreciated.
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Walking Glitch Empty Re: Walking Glitch

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 11:49
About the clipping issue, you can try adjusting the following parameters in OblivionReloaded.ini under [CameraMode]:

For First-Person-View:
NearDistanceFirst

For Third-Person-View:
NearDistanceThird

There are no common values. Just try, which value fits best for you (values must be positive otherwise you'll get some "interesting" effects ;-) ). You can use the in-game menu for doing that very comfortably (just press "O" in-game and navigate to OR's camera's section).

Be aware that the clipping can't be totally avoided in First-Person, especially when you're sneaking.
kennyk

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 15:59
Thanks for the advice, I changed the 1st person value you mentioned to 1.0 and lowered the FOV to 85, and it seems to help (I tried 0.0, and it messed things up). Now if I can stop my character from taking a couple steps back when I stop walking, it would be easier to play without feeling queasy.

Also, is there a way to change the distance the camera is when talking?  Is that under DialogOffset?

Thanks again!
Walking Glitch Oblivi10

malonn
malonn

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 18:58
Yep. DialogOffsetX, Y and Z adjust the camera when in dialog. It's easy to find a setting you like.
kennyk

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 14:44
I discovered that changing Camera and Dodge settings to 0 in the ini solved by walking backwards after stopping problem.  

A new problem cropped up with NorthernUI (with imperial theme).  When I launch the game, the OR intro video is black, and loading takes a bit longer.  It's not a major issue.  Since NorthernUI doesn't have an esp to adjust load order, I'm curious how to solve this.  I have experimented and found that removing the imperial theme doesn't help, only removing NorthernUI.  FYI use Wyre Bash and Boss (OR is manually installed though).

EDIT - Ah nevermind, I got it. I had to modify the Imperial theme zip before adding/installing with Wyre (move a folder from optional to data).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum