TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

jimms

Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing? Empty Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing?

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 05:57
The vanilla MSAA can't be enabled at the same time as HDR without mods. I'm hoping to get both of them working together without changing anything else graphically or gameplay-wise. Is it possible to do this with OR? If not, is there anything else I can try?

I'm using Linux so forcing it in a GPU control panel isnt an option unfortunately.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing? Empty Re: Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing?

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:13
Yes, OR is able to enable the MSAA and HDR.

There are no mods that can enabled MSAA + HDR. Only OR is able to do that. HDR requires a 16bits surface per channel and the vanilla engine cannot handle it as the main buffer (that is 8bits). Only OR supports a real HDR surface + MSAA because it changes the entire pipeline.
jimms

Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing? Empty Re: Leaving everything vanilla except anti-aliasing?

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 15:00
Alenet wrote:Yes, OR is able to enable the MSAA and HDR.

Sorry, I should have worded the OP better. I know OR supports MSAA with HDR, but I was wondering if it was possible to disable all of the other effects of OR and only use the MSAA+HDR feature.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 15:48
Yes, you can disable all what you want in the OblivionReloaded.ini. Read the manual for the configurations.
jimms

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 18:16
Ok, I enabled it but it looks very different from the HDR in vanilla Oblivion. Is this how it's meant to be?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 10:50
OR replaces the HDR shaders. You have to set HDR to 0 in the shader section in the OblivionReloaded.ini if you want to use the vanilla one.
malonn
malonn

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:49
@jimms
If you want vanilla HDR (not my cup of tea; OR's HDR looks 10 times better than vanilla IMO, but it's your preference), you must open up the OblivionReloaded.ini in the Data\OBSE\Plugins folder. Disable everything by setting most things to zero. Check the readme for rare settings that zero does something else (there may be none, I can't remember off the top of my head).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum