TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

MGII

Can I have some instructions for dummies please? Empty Can I have some instructions for dummies please?

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 19:18
I'll start to say I'm trying to learn all that on the go, and it's NOT working. I've been reading everything and I can't figure out shit. English is not my native language, so terminology is completely unfamiliar and all. Please consider me as completely inapt at everything.

I'm trying to get back to Oblivion and I wanted to give OR a go. But it's really bad ingame. And I have no idea what to change to make it work. I haven't got through the tutorial because it's too hard to manage. I'll describe it as best as I could, I know there are terms to describe what I'm trying to say, but after trying to read about it, it's all a mess and I don't know what corresponds to what anymore. My main problem is that everything further than the very immediate surrounding of the character is considered too far to appear at all. Like, at the very beginning, if I go just further in the back of the prison cell, the blades and the emperor just on the other side of the bars don't appear at all before they come inside. When I'm starting to move around in the tunnels, some walls and pillars are transparent/blueish until I'm almost right on them. Going down a tunnel is like a dive into a mix of some random parts of the walls that appears and nothingness inbetween, even when the corner is actually just a few meter further along. All that makes the game almost unplayable, as the environment is partly non existant when I look around. Mind you, I've not seen the result in an exterior cell yet, I'm talking about the supposedly enclosed environment of the tutorial tunnels. And I suppose it's only a matter of simple settings to make sure the definition of what is "in the distance" and not rendered is further than now and I have my surroundings fully rendered, but I can't find what that setting is for all the hours I've been trying.

There are a lot of other tweakings that are not working now, like, when I first start to go around holding a torch, the shadows are all wrong and all, and I'm sure it's all a matter of settings, but I've followed the recomended install settings and I just don't know where to go from there on. So, as I said in the title, where can I find a version of the instructions for five years old, where there is an actual explanation of what any given setting means, instead of just the numerical values it can recieve?

I know I must appear as a desperate case now, but I'm willing to do the work and learn what I need to understand the basics, I'm just at a loss to where I can start and understand enough to make my game playable. I'll go further into my actual settings if someone is willing to help me analyse it and see through it. Thanks a lot, I appreciate any pointers you could give me.
MGII

Can I have some instructions for dummies please? Empty Re: Can I have some instructions for dummies please?

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 20:20
Sooo, short update. I've pushed through to see what things are like outside. (In fact, I deactivated OR to go through the tutorial and see things out, and reactivated it ouside) It's definitly cute, but unusable. I'm a marksman, and bandits (outside and inside) Vilverin appears only when I'm like 3 steps away from them. That shit's not working at all, I can't snipe them from afar when they simply don't appear. There are a bunch of pillars and stuff that don't apear also until I'm litterally on them. So yeah, I confirm that the same problem from before makes it simply unplayable as it is. Please someone, what is the setting I need to adjust?
malonn
malonn

Can I have some instructions for dummies please? Empty Re: Can I have some instructions for dummies please?

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 22:10
Try disabling the framerate manager. It's in the OblivionReloaded.ini.
MGII

Tue 10 Nov 2020, 20:29
Thanks a lot! That seems to have done the trick for things not appearing when they should. i knew it was simply a matter of finding the right setting. I'll continue to work things around, hoping I won't get stuck on another basic thing I can't find.

malonn
malonn

Wed 11 Nov 2020, 20:26
I recommend reading the readme. Although it is highly outdated, it can educate you on some of the settings in the INI. You could also take 30 minutes or so and play with the settings in the INI--enable/disable and test to see what changes. Unfortunately, OR is not really a, what you call, plug and play mod. It requires some tuning for people to have their desired effect in-game. I understand that that is not for everybody.

We try to encourage people to read manuals here, instead of posting for help for every question one may have. No negativity intended.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum