TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

POJKOO

Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches Empty Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches

Sun 08 Nov 2020, 19:40
Hello everyone, my Oblivion Reloaded works pretty fine, shadows and FPS are absolutely okay outside, but in interiors it causes extremely low FPS and glitches. Disabling the OR's Shadowmode solves the problem (no glitches and FPS is fine), so OR's shadows are causing it.

I have a glitch with NPCs models and shadows on walls (their clothes or armor are turning black if you walk to some places, so do the shadows on walls, on the screenshots).

I have only 2 graphical mods that affect the interiors (the third is Animated Windows Lighting System, that's it):

Weather - All Natural (including Real Lights) - maybe interaction with Real Lights causes it?

Immersive Interiors

Please help! I've already turned off AO and POM for FPS increase - didn't help.

4 screenshots
Armor is okay
Armor is darker
Shadow on the wall is okay
1 step forward - shadow turned a lot darker immediately

Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches 20201116
Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches 20201115
Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches 20201117
Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches 20201118
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches Empty Re: Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 11:25
Shadows in interiors are for at max 4 point lights, the ones closest to the player.
In an interior you can have more than 4 lights, so when you move the player, you can move it near an other light and the previous one doesnt cast anymore shadows (while the new one yes). I will provide to blend them to avoid the "pop up" effect in a next release.

To avoid that, you must specify which lights should cast shadows in the CSE (for each interiors), via flag "do not cast shadows". In this way OR will use only the lights not marked as "do not cast shadows" (at default all lights cast shadows). Otherwise OR will pick up the lights with the method described above.
POJKOO

Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches Empty Re: Oblivion Reloaded shadows indoors: very low FPS and glitches

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 16:51
Disabling Immersive Interiors solved the FPS problem. Thank you for your answer. CSE is a Construction Set Extender? So I should tune the shadows for EACH interior (there are hundreds of them). Very complicated method. Anyway, thank you very much, looking forward to the next update!
POJKOO

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 17:23
Simply disabling actor's shadows in interiors in shadow.ini solved the problem for NPCs shadows pop ups. So simple : )
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Tue 10 Nov 2020, 11:41
POJKOO wrote:Disabling Immersive Interiors solved the FPS problem. Thank you for your answer. CSE is a Construction Set Extender? So I should tune the shadows for EACH interior (there are hundreds of them). Very complicated method. Anyway, thank you very much, looking forward to the next update!
It is not complicated, simply shadows dont exist in the vanilla game and interiors has not been designed for that, so somebody should (one day) implement it.

POJKOO wrote:Simply disabling actor's shadows in interiors in shadow.ini solved the problem for NPCs shadows pop ups. So simple : )
It is not a solution because in this way you disable the shadows for actors and anyway if you are away from a light and near to an other one, the away shadow will disappear while the near one will get up.

But if it is ok for you, well.
randomrhena

Thu 19 Nov 2020, 23:10
Alenet wrote:Shadows in interiors are for at max 4 point lights, the ones closest to the player.
In an interior you can have more than 4 lights, so when you move the player, you can move it near an other light and the previous one doesnt cast anymore shadows (while the new one yes). I will provide to blend them to avoid the "pop up" effect in a next release.

Out of curiosity, does the same principle apply on exteriors? I'm having a similar pop-up problem when I use a torch or when I cast a spell (like a fire spell that emits light).
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Fri 20 Nov 2020, 10:51
No, in exteriors there arent multipoints lighing, only the sun.

Oblivion uses over 600 shaders to render the image, every shader must be replaced to have shadows (this can give you an idea of the work behind OR).
Not all the shaders are used (around half of them) so i replaced only the used ones.
It is possible i didnt replace the shaders used when you have torch and you cast a spell (1 directional light + 1 "can carry" light + 1 spell light). This means in that moment the game uses a vanilla shader that not support shadows and you see the shadow disappears and reappears later.

Thanks for that, i will look for the shader and replace it in the next release.
JimmiBoi

Sun 22 Nov 2020, 22:40
Alenet wrote:Shadows in interiors are for at max 4 point lights, the ones closest to the player.

To avoid that, you must specify which lights should cast shadows in the CSE (for each interiors), via flag "do not cast shadows". In this way OR will use only the lights not marked as "do not cast shadows" (at default all lights cast shadows). Otherwise OR will pick up the lights with the method described above.

I wonder if it'd be worth working with the creator of Weather - All Natural because they've recreated/fixed Arthmoor's 'Real Lights' mod. I know it's not ideal to have a dependency on something like that, but I don't see any feasible way around the whole "replace lights in each interior" issue
valhalex86

Wed 17 Feb 2021, 14:08
Talking about it.. There is a mod on NEXUS that seems to fix the issues with FPS, Parallax and shadows in interiors.. I did not tried it yet, but maybe is a great solution.

I have a question too.. Does the parallax from OR create double textures? I read some people with this issue, like a double layer on floors with parallax and shadows both running
malonn
malonn

Wed 17 Feb 2021, 23:19
Yes. If a meshes has it's parallax flag set, there will be "double" meshes.
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Thu 18 Feb 2021, 15:17
@valhalex86: the double-texture-effect can be almost avoided by editing POM.ini. You can try to set HeightMapScale to a lower value (as 0.0075 or 0.005).
valhalex86

Sat 27 Feb 2021, 15:26
Ooh tank you.. One of the things I love about OR is the POM effects
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum