TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

gitigi3757

Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows Empty Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 10:22
Is archive invalidation a necessary step?
- Using OBMM for invalidation or redirection results in either Oblivion crashing upon loading or Oblivion loading, but without OR
- Using MO2 with automatic archive invalidation has the same result

If I do it without archive invalidation OR loads just fine.

Is that weird dialogue camera a feature of OR or a result of me not being able to use archive invalidation?
If I use an unmodded Oblivion Uriel will initiate dialogue and I'm face-to-face with him in the dialogue UI.
If I use OR that doesn't happen and instead it looks like this(no OR hair fix applied, as I experiment): https://i.imgur.com/hkLP6xF.png

Is that also a result of not being able to use archive invalidation?
Standing under the window I see the shadow: https://i.imgur.com/S4o5ygE.png
Once I move a small step towards the left the shadow just disappears: https://i.imgur.com/PyGeGDp.png
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows Empty Re: Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 11:44
Are you using SkyBSA?
This thread might help.... https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7899418-skybsa/page-7#entry80276198

I don't use Mod Organizer 2, only Wrye Bash, but the thread mentions running MO2 as administrator....
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows Empty Re: Archive invalidation, weird dialogue camera, shadows

Sun 25 Oct 2020, 11:58
Hey there,

about installation: do it manually or use Wrye Bash to install it. There's no archive invalidation neccessary if OR is the mod that is last installed (there are very few ressources, which can be overwritten by a mod e.g. skeleton nif, most of the ressources are unique and loose files will always win against ressources from BSA's). Anyway to keep track of the installation I highly recommend Wrye Bash (and for Oblivion modding in general).

Concerning the hairfix: only drop \textures\... into your data folder, that should help (not dropping hairfix\textures\... than the game won't find the ressources).

About the shadow under the light beam: increase light points to 4 or 6 in shadows.ini under [Interiors]. As there are more than two light sources this should help.

About the camera: there are several options unter [cameramode] in oblivionreloaded.ini. Beginn with dialogoffset.

gitigi3757

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 08:53
AllisterHenderson wrote:Are you using SkyBSA?
This thread might help.... https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7899418-skybsa/page-7#entry80276198

I don't use Mod Organizer 2, only Wrye Bash, but the thread mentions running MO2 as administrator....

I don't: I only extracted OBSE + OR for the above.
gitigi3757

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 09:05
Defirdayon wrote:Hey there,

about installation: do it manually or use Wrye Bash to install it. There's no archive invalidation neccessary if OR is the mod that is last installed (there are very few ressources, which can be overwritten by a mod e.g. skeleton nif, most of the ressources are unique and loose files will always win against ressources from BSA's). Anyway to keep track of the installation I highly recommend Wrye Bash (and for Oblivion modding in general).

Concerning the hairfix: only drop \textures\... into your data folder, that should help (not dropping hairfix\textures\... than the game won't find the ressources).

About the shadow under the light beam: increase light points to 4 or 6 in shadows.ini under [Interiors]. As there are more than two light sources this should help.

About the camera: there are several options unter [cameramode] in oblivionreloaded.ini. Beginn with dialogoffset.

If that's true then the install instructions are wrong with Invalidate your BSA archives (if you didn't redirect them)

I do know where the OR hairfix has to go, but after several iterations of trying to find out why the dialogue camera + shadows looked like that I didn't bother anymore.

Is there an in-depth documentation somewhere about what all those settings in the OblivionReloaded.ini and all the other shader .ini actually do or what the best-practice settings are? I would've never guessed at the start that OR was responsible for that weird camera setting as I've been going through every mod while searching for the culprit.

Why is that camera position even the default setting? It's so far off from the vanilla position + looks just weird.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 13:20
@gitigi3757 Shadows in interiors are rendered using the nearest light sources (from the Player). When you move around, a shadow can happear and an other one can disappear due to this fact. I will provide to blend them in a next version to avoid they "pop up".
OR uses (unused in the vanilla game because shadows in interiors are "fake") the cast shadow flag that you can specify in CSE. This is the only way to avoid the interiors popping shadows. But it requires to modify ALL the cells of the game. And i cannot do that. Only 4 lights should be enabled to cast shadows per cell. This requires somebody creates an esp to manage this.

The manual is under the docs folder. But you dont need it for several options. Simply open the ingame menu. The description of the setting is shown for each setting. In addition, you can see what happens changing the setting at realtime.
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 20:56
@gitigi3757
Hello again, I have to apologize to you. My comment about BSARedirection was misleading. More than one year I’m using SkyBSA and through that use, I mixed things up. I’ve just repressed the right information of these older forms of a better file handling. As @AllisterHenderson has already done, I also propose to use SkyBSA. It transfers Skyrim’s file handling to Oblivion and you get rid of nasty file stamp issues. Even a BSA can now overwrite another BSA’s content and only in this environment loose files will always win. Sorry again for that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum