TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Wiepman
Wiepman

New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2] Empty New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2]

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 17:33
Hey @Alenet,

I have a few questions with the newest version of Oblivion Reloaded.:

In "OblivionReloaded.ini"

Under [Main]

what is this for : --> "RemoveUnderwater = 1"

what is this for : --> "RemovePrecipitations = 0"

[Effects]
Precipitations = 1 <-- because there's also this

Also in related: "Precipitations.ini"

There's these settings under "snow":

[Snow]
DepthStep = 2.5
Flakes = 0.5
Speed = 1.8

But under "rain":
[Rain]
--> empty <--

So how to set speed of rain?
Or does that need to be implemented in the future?

Because now rain only rains very intense...

Thank you!
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2] Empty Re: New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2]

Tue 20 Oct 2020, 17:36
RemoveUnderwater is not new. It removes the vanilla underwater effect. You must remove the vanilla underwater, it if you want to use OR underwater effect.
RemovePrecipitations removes the vanilla precipitations. It is not bad to have the vanilla effect and OR rain/snow effect at the same time, so choose as you prefer.

Rain and snow are based on the weather type but the quantity at the moment is based only on the weather transition. So, when the weather (for example) is full rainy, the rain density is at max value (and yes it is a lot).

No configurations are provided for the rain at the moment. I will add some settings in the future to manage the rain and snow quantity.
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2] Empty Re: New rain and snow question [OR v. 8.2.2]

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 05:22
OR rain feature (Precipitations = 1) sounds great.....
So I won't be needing the old "DOWNPOUR - rain retexture" mod anymore.....
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45520
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 12:09
Downpour changes only the textures, but the way to render the rain in Oblivion is ugly anyway.
Anyway you can maintain the vanilla rain with the OR precipitations (RemovePrecipitations = 0) and downpour. But i have no idea of the effect you can obtain. Try it.
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 04:29
Thanks Alenet,

Ok, I will have a bit of a play around enabling & disabling Vanilla rain while using OR rain, and I will even see what effect Downpour does for the different settings...

I look forward to your future updates concerning rain configuration settings. But even the current OR default that rain quantity changes between weather transitions adds immersion : )
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum