TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

emerson

"Afterimage" with certain shaders Empty "Afterimage" with certain shaders

Wed 14 Jul 2021, 01:58
When first loading into an area, and then every several seconds thereafter, certain shaders can create a kind of a "snapshot" afterimage that stays in the same place relative to the camera while looking around.  It's a little difficult to describe properly, so I've made a video:

( Can't post links yet, sorry, but it's youtube video GDD_sz2KBwk )

This is the Volumetric Fog shader doing it, in the video (I know this because that's what clears it when turned off), but God Rays and Snow Accumulation both can act the same way, just sporadically "snapshot" the state of the shader and leave it overlaying the screen.  I mean, easy fix, I've just turned off those three shaders while playing, but that's kind of a bummer.

This is with a non-upgraded install of 9.0.1.  I don't have any other weather-style mods doing anything, no ENB etc, and the content from OR is at the end of the install order just to be sure that textures etc will "win."  No big deal, just thought I'd report it in case there's an easy or obvious fix.  Thanks!
lucasm

"Afterimage" with certain shaders Empty Re: "Afterimage" with certain shaders

Sat 28 Aug 2021, 18:07
Do you have Custom Enhanced Camera installed? I was having the exact same issues with it and OR installed at the same time.
Unfortunately it just seems OR became completely incompatible with it so I just don't use EC anymore and it fixed the graphical bugs.

It seems to be something related to the depth buffer, you might notice that it only affects effects like AO, DoF, underwater etc, but not merely 2D filter ones like HDR.
It also specifically bugs out when EC overrides the rendering to display the first person body or not, when looking at certain view angles it stops rendering and the bugs cease temporarily.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum