TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Arcey
Arcey

CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround") Empty CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround")

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 09:16
Issue
When looking at the cathedral in Cheydinhal I am experiencing a CTD.
This does not happen when OB is disabled.

Temporary fix
After investigating this *only* happens if I have the new occlusion culling system turned on.
Turning it off allows me to play normally.

Version OB

Shaders used
All (AO, HDR, Vol. Fog, SMAA, Int+Ext Shad etc).

Mods
List:
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround") Empty Re: CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround")

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 10:39
The problem is a broken mesh installed by AWLS, exactly CheydinhalHouseUpper02.nif.
Delete the nif and you will not have anymore CTD there.
Arcey
Arcey

CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround") Empty Re: CTD in Cheydinal when looking at Cathedral (with "workaround")

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 10:50
Alenet wrote:The problem is a broken mesh installed by AWLS, exactly CheydinhalHouseUpper02.nif.

Works as advertised! Did you run into this yourself or should I have known this?
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Thu 15 Jul 2021, 10:05
I better delete the broken CheydinhalHouseUpper02.nif mesh from AWLS too then!
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Thu 15 Jul 2021, 17:39
Arcey wrote:
Alenet wrote:The problem is a broken mesh installed by AWLS, exactly CheydinhalHouseUpper02.nif.

Works as advertised! Did you run into this yourself or should I have known this?

Users discovered that. There is a discussion about that on the discord channel.
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 10:23
Has it been determined EXACTLY WHY AWLS's 'CheydinhalHouseUpper02.nif' mesh was causing a CTD ONLY when using occlusion culling? ...or is this still being investigated.
I only ask, because without knowing, there could be similar meshes from other mods that have previously worked normally but could still cause the same CTD with occlusion culling.....
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 12:09
Only with the occlusion culling. The mesh collisions are broken (the collision/havok mesh is low poly and it is used for the OC).
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson

Mon 20 Sep 2021, 11:07
Thanks Alenet : )
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum