TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

WhereIsSpice

How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only? Empty How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only?

Fri 26 Mar 2021, 19:00
What settings to I need to have in the cinema.ini file in order to make only the dialogue camera have a letterbox effect?

I tried changing "mode" to 0,1,2,3, and 4 but none of them made a difference. The letterbox effect just stays on for all cameras despite the setting. I also tried setting "dialoguemode" to 0 and 1, but again nothing made a difference and the letterbox stayed active for all cameras.
malonn
malonn

How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only? Empty Re: How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only?

Sun 28 Mar 2021, 13:20
This won't be a very helpful response because I don't ever use cinema mode, but I think what your looking for can't be done. Cinema mode is pretty basic, and you've probably experimented with every setting that could enable what you're looking for. My guess is (someone correct me) you can't do what you want.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only? Empty Re: How do I set cinematic letterbox for dialogue camera only?

Sun 28 Mar 2021, 15:33
There is an error in the ini. The name of the setting is Mode (not DialogMode).
Replace DialogMode with Mode and set it to 4 to have it only on dialog.
WhereIsSpice

Mon 29 Mar 2021, 19:09
Unfortunately changing "mode" to any number 0 through 4 makes no difference. The letterbox effect stays on at all times.
malonn
malonn

Sat 03 Apr 2021, 19:52
Alenet means changing the name of the setting itself. Change the setting name to "Mode", not DialogMode", then change the setting value.
JoshyBB

Mon 05 Apr 2021, 14:07
Hello there,

I am having difficulty with enabling cinematic mode as well.

Using OR 8.4
OblivionReloaded.ini
[Effects]
Cinema = 1

Cinema.ini
[Default]
Mode = 4
The value 0 to 4 doesn't seem to do anything either.

Note I have already changed DialogMode to Mode as mentioned earlier in this topic. What seems to be the issue yeah?
GBR
GBR

Tue 06 Apr 2021, 01:00
I hope it will be fixed in next version.
malonn
malonn

Tue 06 Apr 2021, 13:59
I don't know, people. Alenet may have a bug on his hands. I've been on the TES Reloaded sites since they opened, and have read half a handful of posts about Dialog Mode. Either it's solid, not enough people use it to uncover these bugs, or we have a recently introduced bug. Only Alenet can dig deep enough on this.
GBR
GBR

Wed 07 Apr 2021, 14:42
malonn wrote:I don't know, people.  Alenet may have a bug on his hands.  I've been on the TES Reloaded sites since they opened, and have read half a handful of posts about Dialog Mode.  Either it's solid, not enough people use it to uncover these bugs, or we have a recently introduced bug.  Only Alenet can dig deep enough on this.

Its not a big deal to fix it, I think Alenet just forgot about this small thing, anyway sourcecode is on github. Everyone can fix it during 5-10 min.
malonn
malonn

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 18:45
Gotcha, GBR. I've never looked at the OR source.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum