TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Kohdi

Transparent Distant Buildings Empty Transparent Distant Buildings

Fri 19 Mar 2021, 08:07
Hello all, I've been having great fun setting up OR and it has allowed me to make Oblivion a stable, fast, beautiful game again. I'm having only one residual problem that I haven't been able to solve, and I hope maybe someone might recognize it - occasionally distant building meshes will render as "transparent" or ghost-like versions of themselves, but only at certain angles, and when it happens it is every distant object at once (except trees). It has not been very reproducible, meaning it's not just one object or one vantage point, but happens more or less randomly. There is no drop in FPS or other glitches, it just looks funny. I've taken a couple comparison shots for reference. Any help that can be provided is appreciated!

Transparent Distant Buildings Good0110
Transparent Distant Buildings Nogood10
Transparent Distant Buildings Good0210
Transparent Distant Buildings Nogood11
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Transparent Distant Buildings Empty Re: Transparent Distant Buildings

Fri 19 Mar 2021, 10:16
There is a mod that conflicts with OR. Remove the mods and activate them step by step to find which one causes the conflict.
The problem is not OR.
malonn
malonn

Sat 20 Mar 2021, 14:14
That's odd. I've never seen that before from OR. I agree with Alenet: something else is at work there. Is OR the only thing you're running? I doubt it.
Kohdi

Sun 21 Mar 2021, 03:40
Thank you both for the responses, I was afraid it might be something else but I'm running a pretty minimal load order and nothing is especially suspicious (armors, houses, a couple gameplay changes). I do have an ENB active, which is probably the prime suspect right now, so that's what I'll try first. It's such a minimal problem, though, that I might not bother with any more intense troubleshooting than that. If I do find out, I'll update here!
malonn
malonn

Tue 23 Mar 2021, 00:43
I can almost promise you it's ENB. It's ENB.
Kohdi

Wed 24 Mar 2021, 07:39
So, believe it or not! It wasn't my ENB. This was a relief (since I like my ENB), but also annoying, since I didn't know where else to look. But after noticing a weird quirk, that city cathedrals would turn transparent but keep my self-made window replacements, I figured it might be something wrong with the _far meshes themselves. I'm using ancient Colourwheel/Evenstar meshes, so I reinstalled those and re-generated my LOD, and what do you know, it seems to have solved the problem. As with almost any Oblivion troubleshooting I've done over the past decade, I have no idea what the problem actually was. But now it's fixed, and my game is more beautiful than ever before. Thanks again to the OR team! Now I can enjoy your mod in peace.

Transparent Distant Buildings Veryni10
malonn
malonn

Wed 24 Mar 2021, 23:44
Good job stumbling on that solution. I was sure it was ENB. OR and ENB can quickly cause bugs, but as you know, if you do it right, they will play nice together.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum