TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

big pappa flea

Managing Framerate in Oblivion Empty Managing Framerate in Oblivion

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 04:23
I would be remiss if I did not first thank Alenet for all the effort over the years. I am struggling with configuring the framerate in my new setup. I am using Oblivion Stutter Remover and Oblivion Reloaded. I turned FPSdisplay on in OR and it is showing a maximum of 30 fps. I opened the OR ini, navigated to [FrameRate] and first attempted to change the Average value from 30 to 45, thinking it was a setting that limited fps. In game testing showed a max of 30 again. Then I changed the Enabled setting to 0. In game testing showed again 30 fps max. My oblivion stutter remover is set to have a max of 62 and a minimum of 5(default). I looked for vsync or something else that is managing/limiting frames but could not find anything. I also can not stand how one of the mods managing framerate is constantly changing the item/actor fade values. I really want to lock those. I thought it was OR and I could just turn it off but that did not work. This is especially frustrating as the rest of the heavily modded install is going well enough. Does anyone know of other common mods that could be impacting the framerate system and limiting it to 30? I checked through other ini files I have and could not find anything. I am hoping that I am just doing something wrong with OR or Ovelooked another mod that attempts to manage fps. I can provide any information necessary. I do not recall ever having this 30fps max problem in previous installs. Thank you. All the Best, flea
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Managing Framerate in Oblivion Empty Re: Managing Framerate in Oblivion

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 12:21
The framerate manager, modifies the pipeline and render or not the geometries according the framerate.
If you have a max of 30, it seems the game is not able to be faster, that is weird.
This could happens with a very heavy modded game, but only on old computers.

It seems you have a limits somewhere, but i dont think it is OR. Install the MSI afterburner and enable the on screen display. Disable OR and look at the fps. If it is 30 again, you have to disable/enable step by step the mods to understand which one causes it.
big pappa flea

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 16:40
Thank you for your reply. I did more testing, turned out I had a deprecated version of OSR even though it is the first main file on their page. I love when that happens. I changed the version of stutter remover and now it allows me to limit the frames to 62. I am still getting the hitch or stutter but at least I can get more frames. The new frustration is how to eliminate this stutter when I already have almost every recommended stability tool installed(NVAC,ENBOOST,EngineBugFixes,OSR). I have not yet touched some grid settings, and it seems like the hitch happens at regular intervals when running through the world as if it stutters when loading in the next grids. Have you had success eliminating a stutter/hitch from any of your installs? Thank you again. I am generally quite pleased with my current install and I am excited to see this game reloaded but I have a feeling it will be abandoned due to this stutter/hitch. Thank you again for all your effort. All the Best, flea
malonn
malonn

Sat 13 Mar 2021, 14:23
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but outside of the stability tools and basically running a pure vanilla game, you can't completely eliminate stuttering. If you run high res texture packs and mods, you have to live with some stuttering. You may be talking about a more severe hitch, even so, my gut tells me your just have to live with it. Oblivion just isn't built right. Ask Alenet, he's one of the ones to know best.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum