TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

GalerionTheAnnoyed

Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object Empty Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object

Mon 01 Mar 2021, 18:14
And they disappear again once I step a few metres away from the object. This makes it extremely jarring in interiors, not sure why this is happening though. I've already turned the framerate mode off, so it can't be that. How would I go about increasing the minimum distance for shadows to appear?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object Empty Re: Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object

Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:24
That is normal. Shadows are linked to the light radius and the distance from the player. If you move the player and you exit from the radius of a light and you enter in an other light radius, the "old" shadow is no more rendered. I cannot render the shadows for all the lights in the interior, otherwise you has 1 fps.....
Use 4 lights (max) instead of 2 in the Shadow.ini. It will help.

The second solution is like Skyrim does. Allowing only some lights to cast shadows.
But this requires to modify the interiors in the CSE. As default, all lights can cast shadows, but OR provides the option "do not cast shadows" in the CSE.
So for each interiors, you must set at max 4 lights to cast shadows. In this way the shadows will no more disappear/appear dinamically.
I provided the support to do that, but i cannot implement all the interiors to support that because it requires too much time.
If you want to do that and share your esp, you are welcome.
GalerionTheAnnoyed

Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object Empty Re: Interior shadows only appear when I'm a few metres away from the object

Tue 02 Mar 2021, 12:16
Alenet wrote:That is normal. Shadows are linked to the light radius and the distance from the player. If you move the player and you exit from the radius of a light and you enter in an other light radius, the "old" shadow is no more rendered. I cannot render the shadows for all the lights in the interior, otherwise you has 1 fps.....
Use 4 lights (max) instead of 2 in the Shadow.ini. It will help.

The second solution is like Skyrim does. Allowing only some lights to cast shadows.
But this requires to modify the interiors in the CSE. As default, all lights can cast shadows, but OR provides the option "do not cast shadows" in the CSE.
So for each interiors, you must set at max 4 lights to cast shadows. In this way the shadows will no more disappear/appear dinamically.
I provided the support to do that, but i cannot implement all the interiors to support that because it requires too much time.
If you want to do that and share your esp, you are welcome.

Ah I see, thanks for explaining how the interior shadows work. Good to know that I haven't installed it wrongly then. I'll try out having max 4 lights or turn it off if I find it too jarring. Nice work!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum