TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

JustHereToGetFNVR
JustHereToGetFNVR

New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle Empty New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle

Sun 28 Feb 2021, 01:53
I just can't wrap my head around this one so I'm hoping Alenet or someone else can help me out here.
Skip to the bottom of the post to see questions and NVR Camera Mode Settings.

NVR is supposed to be compatible with the Enhanced Camera mod, which is indeed true if you disable CameraMode for NVR and FirstPersonShadows for EC. Excellent !
Only the "compatibility" ends there. The second you enter a conversation, the NVR effects get overlayed on top of the character you're interacting with, and the same issue happens when aiming through a scope. See my post in this thread for more details.

So, unless there's a solution for this, NV Reloaded and Enhanced Camera are not compatible, which leaves us the option to use NVR's "Camera Mode".

With the Enhanced Camera mod disabled and NVR's CameraMode reenabled, we're now in...third person. Okay, a bit weird since New Vegas' combat is already mediocre in first person and becomes downright awful in third person, but it's no problem, let's switch back to first person using the mouse wheel click. I strike a conversation with an NPC, and suddenly my first person camera gets ripped out of my body and positioned to the right of my character. Why ? I'm playing in first person because I want to be in first person.

A couple of .ini tweaks later, I get something somewhat decent where the camera stays in front of your character when talking to NPCs, and thankfully the graphical issues are gone, thanks Camera Mode ! I have to say I miss the zoom in conversation effect that the base game and Enhanced Camera have, I wish there was a way to get it back. Also, after ending the conversation, I'm back in third person for some reason, so I have to press the mouse wheel to switch back to first person again. If I have to do this for every NPC conversation in this game, I'm going to go crazy.

In addition to that, even when in first person, I cannot see my weapon in my hand unless I apply a hefty negative Z offset to the camera, and even then it looks very weird, not to mention my camera is so close to the ground I feel like a dwarf next to other NPCs. An option to have weapons displayed the same way as they are in the base game would be nice. "Just aim your gun with FirstPersonAiming enabled, if you're so desperate to see your weapon !" I hear you say. Great idea, now tell me how I'm supposed to aim with just my fists ? Because yeah, I was planning on doing a melee build this time around, and with the changes NVR brings this makes it completely unplayable.

Apologies if this comes off as a bit too angry, I really like what NVR does for the visuals of this game but I cannot wrap my head around CameraMode, which seems heavily designed around a third person approach, which is not something the majority of people want to play with, but disabling it means sacrificing the visual improvements which I would argue is the main selling point of this mod.

So now I'm left with some questions :
1) Is there a way to use Enhanced Camera AND NV Reloaded's graphical effects together without running into the ghosting/overlay issue ?
2) If not, is there a way to make NVR's Camera Mode behave just like the vanilla game's camera, with zoomins during conversations and not the weird third person floaty cam ?
3) Is there a way to see your hands, and thus your weapons, in first person without having to aim OR lowering the camera Z offset ?
4) Is there a way to stay in first person even after a conversation finishes ?

Here are my current CameraMode settings from NewVegasReloaded.ini :
[CameraMode]
; What name says
Enabled = 1

; Sets the FoV for the view
FoV =100

Crosshair = 0
ChasingFirst = 1
ChasingThird = 0
OffsetX =0
OffsetY =15
OffsetZ =20
DialogOffsetX =0
DialogOffsetY =45
DialogOffsetZ =10
FirstPersonAiming = 1

; These are used only when FirstPersonAiming = 0
OneHandAimingOffsetX =-3.4
OneHandAimingOffsetY =10
OneHandAimingOffsetZ =5.6
TwoHandAimingOffsetX =-4.6
TwoHandAimingOffsetY =15
TwoHandAimingOffsetZ =7

Again, I really like what this mod does and would even consider contributing financially, but with how things look right now, the camera is going to be the deciding factor. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
gangstareimu

New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle Empty Re: New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 19:55
You can get rid of the ghosting/overlay by turning off ambient occlusion (or lowering it significantly)
JustHereToGetFNVR
JustHereToGetFNVR

New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle Empty Re: New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 11:25
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the ghosting effect at all, since that still leaves all the other effects (depth of field, etc) and they're just as annoying. Even with most of them turned off, talking to an NPC while having the sky on screen will simply overlay the sky on top of their faces, making conversations awkward whether or not ambient occlusion is turned on.

I've made a slightly exaggerated example by turning Volumetric Fog settings up to 11
New Vegas Reloaded and the camera struggle Ew5GczP

My question was :
1) Is there a way to use Enhanced Camera AND NV Reloaded's graphical effects together without running into the ghosting/overlay issue ?

If the answer is to turn most/all of NVR's graphical effects off, then the answer is no.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 12:23
No, there is no way.
EC is like the vanilla view and cannot support at all NVR.
If you want NVR working 100%, you need the camera mode. I created the camera mode for that, because vanilla camera cannot handle all NVR features.
JustHereToGetFNVR
JustHereToGetFNVR

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 17:04
A shame, but thanks Alenet for taking the time to confirm this.
CypharXIII

Tue 16 Mar 2021, 21:56
Alenet wrote:No, there is no way.
EC is like the vanilla view and cannot support at all NVR.
If you want NVR working 100%, you need the camera mode. I created the camera mode for that, because vanilla camera cannot handle all NVR features.

Hi I'm having the same 'ghosting' issue but i'm not using EC, Ive tried camera mode on and off, but no joy. Do you know which setting I need to change to get rid of the ghosting?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:33
The ghosting issue is not related to the camera, but to the AMD card. Do you have an AMD card?
CypharXIII

Wed 17 Mar 2021, 22:04
No, I have a 1070.

I've narrowed it down to the shaders, I think.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum