TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

LostData751

OR Intro is stuck Empty OR Intro is stuck

Tue 16 Feb 2021, 01:56
Hello, I recently updated OR to 8.4 from 7.0, I copied the game files to overwrite the current ones, I tried setting ReplaceIntro to 0 and 1 back and forth but it does not seem to be working.
I made sure OR was reading OblivionReloaded.ini by changing some values, however this seems to be the value for the intro seems to be the only one that isn't working.
I also tried reverting back to 7.0, however the settings still seem to be stuck, when disabling the dll by changing it's filename to OblivionReloaded.dll.noload the OR intro is still changed to OR's, is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall Oblivion completely?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

OR Intro is stuck Empty Re: OR Intro is stuck

Tue 16 Feb 2021, 12:02
It is a little bug i have fixed for the next release.

You must simply restore in your Oblivion.ini these settings:
SMainMenuMovie=Map loop.bik
SIntroSequence=game studios.bik
SMainMenuMusic=special\tes4title.mp3
malonn
malonn

Tue 16 Feb 2021, 17:42
Yep. The settings Alenet mentioned are located under the "general" section of your Oblivion.ini. It's all good after you restore that. Just don't chasnge the intro setting again unless you want to repeat the above.
Wiepman
Wiepman

Wed 17 Feb 2021, 20:06
Alenet wrote:It is a little bug i have fixed for the next release.

You must simply restore in your Oblivion.ini these settings:
SMainMenuMovie=Map loop.bik
SIntroSequence=game studios.bik
SMainMenuMusic=special\tes4title.mp3

Small addition, OR also changes main menu music.
Anyone who desires "original" Oblivion music:

Change
SMainMenuMusic=Special\ORMainMenu.mp3

to:
SMainMenuMusic=Special\tes4title.mp3

And all is like before.
LostData751

Thu 18 Feb 2021, 06:53
Thanks for the replies, I actually had figured it out a few hours after posting this, but it's good you left instructions for people with the same issue. Is this a bug with 8.4 or 8.x versions? I remember being able to disable and enable the Replaceintro in the ini and having it reflect in-game accordingly.
malonn
malonn

Fri 19 Feb 2021, 13:12
It's a bug with 8.4.
a_boxof_raisins

Sat 26 Jun 2021, 18:20
Hey so I've also been dealing with this problem and even after updating the plugin to v9.0.1 and following your instructions here, I'm still not getting the original main menu music or video to play.
It's still stuck using the ORmainmenu as opposed to the map loop, and still using OR music vs original music.
any suggestions?
malonn
malonn

Sat 26 Jun 2021, 22:51
It's kind of a nuke, but try disabling/uninstalling OR, deleting your Oblivion.ini, launching the game and re-setting your settings, then install OR again.
a_boxof_raisins

Sun 27 Jun 2021, 00:48
How do I uninstall OR if it's a manual install? unless you mean just the files in the data folder
malonn
malonn

Mon 28 Jun 2021, 01:09
I advocate a mod manager. Alenet asks to manually install, and he has his reasons, and they're legit. But I can say 100%, without question, you can install with a mod manager with 0 issues. Less than zero issues in the sense of the uninstall. I'm speaking of Wrye Bash. I haven't used any other mod manger for OR. Rant done.

To answer your question, you'll have to look at the archive that OR comes in and track each file and delete the hard way. One by one. If it's a clean install of Oblivion (i.e. no other mods) then just delete folders. Watch the shaders folder though, because that has vanilla files.
a_boxof_raisins

Mon 28 Jun 2021, 05:17
Thats gonna be an annoying day to deal with deleting individual shaders.
I hope it works because it would be a massive waste of time otherwise. And after its all deleted, I just reinstall the resource pack and updated plugin?
malonn
malonn

Mon 28 Jun 2021, 16:42
I may have misspoke man. Look at the archive. Most resources are in folders. Just delete the folder. My fault dude; most things aren't file by file. It's mostly directories. Look at the archive it comes in and delete accordingly. And yes, once that's done, if you prefer a manual install, just drag and drop the newest archive. I make no promises that this will fix your issue. Not to be patronizing, but if you plan on expanding your load order, you'll need to learn to troubleshoot. The more mods, the more complications. It's worth it in the end, IMHO.
park9
park9

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 15:35
How to disable Intro in 9.0.1 ?
malonn
malonn

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 15:31
It should be done through the in-game options system. In-game hit "O" and scroll through and find the setting. You can also tune the .config file in Data/OBSE/Plugins. I suggest experimenting with a setting first, because some attributes are not meant to be configured.
park9
park9

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 15:34
malonn wrote:It should be done through the in-game options system.  In-game hit "O" and scroll through and find the setting.  You can also tune the .config file in Data/OBSE/Plugins.  I suggest experimenting with a setting first, because some attributes are not meant to be configured.
did not find anywhere
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum