TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES ReloadedForum

TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetThe Author

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0

Dustmeat

I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer. Empty I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer.

Mon 25 Jan 2021, 06:37
Hi there, I made an account specifically because of this problem.
I've spent the last four, maybe five hours fiddling with the .ini for Oblivion Reloaded, just troubleshooting various graphical bugs and oddities that have arisen during the intro sequence of the game. I followed the instructions for installation to the letter, including the in-game settings, Oblivion.ini tweaks, etc.
After adventures with naked guards and my fists clipping into my face, I thought I'd finally gotten everything set the way I wanted, and was just having a good time playing Oblivion.
Well, as soon as I leave the sewers, I'm greeted with the image attached.
I looked for a solution, and found some people on Reddit discussing something that sounded like a similar situation to mine, wherein their proposed fix was to switch off HDR mode via the launcher in favor of either bloom or nothing. Neither of these worked.
I read as well that it could be caused by leaving the "Enable Steam Overlay" option on, so I experimented with that, too.
Didn't work.
Took a look through the Oblivion Reloaded.ini file to see if there might be something that's causing this and the best I could come up with was Weather Mode, so I switched it on and off, checking each time.
Nothing.
I'm pretty much at my wit's end with this at this point.
Not to sound too harsh or anything, I'm sure the developers have put a lot of hard work into this mod, it's just unbelievably frustrating to get stopped seemingly every couple of minutes with some new, bizarre problem I have to try and puzzle out.
This one tops them all, however.
My load order is as follows, according to Mod Organizer 2:

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles patch.esp
Knights.esp
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
Jhaerik's Dungeon Fog Remover.esp
Alternative Beginnings.esp
ImprovedSigns.esp
Oblivion Reloaded.esp

Any kind of assistance or suggestion as to what could possibly be causing the image attached to happen is extremely helpful and greatly appreciated.
As a funny sort of anecdote, I only installed Oblivion Reloaded because of a bug with an old OBGE module, Liquid Water.
It made the water look great, sure, but then I started noticing this really distracting black flickering whenever I'd move the camera around near sources of water.
So, I disabled and uninstalled it, which then caused everything from the midway-point of my screen down to the bottom to become invisible.
Yes, completely invisible, as in, I would see the roof of a building on the upper half of my screen, but only the ocean far, far beneath the map on the bottom half of the screen, alongside the empty blue void outside of the map.
Everything I read told me that Oblivion Reloaded was the answer to my prayers, and now here I am.
Funny that all of this happened simply because of the water, I suppose.
Attachments
I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer. Attachment
20210125000816_1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(99 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Just_Chill

I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer. Empty Re: I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer.

Mon 25 Jan 2021, 18:59
Have you tried turning off Volumetric Fog?
What I see in your image is that it's pretty foggy and your torch seem not to burn. oO

Furthermore, are you using an AMD GPU?
As it's known that OblivionReloaded can cause issues if you don't use Nvidia, as the developer doesn't have an AMD GPU to check if everything runs properly on that brand:
https://www.tesreloaded.com/t83-or-8-3-bugreport#497
Dustmeat

I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer. Empty Reply

Tue 26 Jan 2021, 04:01
Just_Chill wrote:Have you tried turning off Volumetric Fog?
What I see in your image is that it's pretty foggy and your torch seem not to burn. oO

Furthermore, are you using an AMD GPU?
As it's known that OblivionReloaded can cause issues if you don't use Nvidia, as the developer doesn't have an AMD GPU to check if everything runs properly on that brand:
https://www.tesreloaded.com/t83-or-8-3-bugreport#497

Thank you for the suggestion!
It didn't work, though.
If anything it made it worse. Now instead of that Silent-Hill-esque foggy nightmare, I just get a completely pitch-black screen.
I have an NVIDIA GTX 1050, which is an admittedly humble little thing but it's usually sufficient to get the job done-even with much more demanding titles-so I'm still not certain what's causing this. Thank you for your suggestion once again, I'm going to keep tinkering and see what I can do about all of this.
Sponsored content

I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer. Empty Re: I don't know what's causing "Limbo mode," but I'd really appreciate some kind of answer.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum